TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PENUMBRA-DESIGNS
As the creator and owner of the website www.penumbra-designs.com, PENUMBRA-DESIGNS Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as the “vendor“), entitles you to view all materials published on this site for personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you comply with all copyright and related notices. The materials on this site are not permitted to be altered in any way, nor to be copied, publicly distributed for any public or commercial purpose.
The use of materials published on this website on other sites is prohibited.
- ABOUT THE VENDOR
- Penumbra-Designs specializes in the manufacture and sale of handmade accessories and clothing for alternative fashion with original design.
- PENUMBRA-DESIGNS Ltd. is registered in the Commercial Register at the Registry Agency with UIC: 206664750, Irina Nikolaeva Tsapreva, address 11”Slavishte” str., Sofia, Bulgaria.
- Penumbra-Designs does not possess a physical store.
- The person in charge of PENUMBRA-DESIGNS Ltd. – Irina Tsapreva, (referred to as “the vendor“) is also responsible for the design, manufacture and shipping or the products, as well as for correspondence with customers of the online store.
* “Customer” refers to any person visiting the e-shop www.penumbra-designs.com who has placed an order by clicking the “Check out” button available in the virtual cart.
2. MERCHANDISE OFFERED AND CONCLUSION OF CONTRACT
- All prices of items in the e-shop include VAT. Prices are per piece, excluding delivery fees.
- Each product in www.penumbra-designs.com is handmade either beforehand or within the production period specified on the page of the product itself after successful completion of an order by the customer.
* “Product” refers to any accessory, garment or other item that can be purchased by the customer in the online store.
- The vendor has the right to extend the period for production of an item in the event of circumstances such as: accumulation of too many orders at once, running out of material, accidental events that impede the manufacturing process. In case of deadline extension, the vendor will contact the customer by email or phone.
- The vendor does not guarantee the availability of the ordered goods. In the case of an ordered product being out of stock, the vendor will notify the customer of the circumstances.
- The vendor has the right to change the prices in the e-shop of the offered products without prior notice. The customer is obliged to pay the price that was current at the time of the order and confirmation of the desired products.
- The vendor does not guarantee that the access to the e-shop will be uninterrupted, always timely and free from errors.
- The vendor is not responsible for failure to provide access to the e-shop, as well as for non-processing or untimely processing of purchase orders in the event of circumstances beyond their control – cases of force majeure, accidental events, problems with the Internet and more.
- The vendor undertakes to safekeep the personal data provided by users to third parties and never provide it to any external sources.
3. PRODUCT PURCHASE
- When placing an order, the customer must select a color or other available mandatory variation from the product’s drop-down menu.
- The customer has the opportunity to enter their measurements or requirements in the “Order notes” field of the “Checkout” page for each product whose page includes the following text in its description:
“Want to order this piece with your custom measurements? Include your measurements in the order’s note.”
- Products without the aforementioned text in their descriptions are only available in universal size.
- The customer has the right to make an additional sizing request by contacting Penumbra-Designs (the vendor) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org BEFORE placing an order. The vendor has the right to refuse such a request.
- Unique products (Limited Edition) are not available in sizes other than those described on their product pages.
- The vendor confirms the accepted order of the customer via automatic e-mail, and in case of impossibility to contact or need to specify information about the order – by a phonecall.
- Orders with incorrect or incomplete data such as address, telephone number, etc. are considered invalid and will not be processed.
4. METHODS OF PAYMENT AND DELIVERY
- The customer may pay for a product order, using one the following ways:
– by Cash Upon Delivery (applying only for the territory of Bulgaria)
– by Credit card via Stripe (valid worldwide)
– via PayPal (applying only for countries using Euro and USD as currency)
- By choosing “Cash upon delivery”, the payment is collected by Econt. Upon order confirmation, the delivery will be carried out to the home address or Econt office of choice of the customer within 72 working hours or according to the courrier’s delivery schedule.
- Delivery of products abroad is done through the shipping company A1 Post. After handing over the packages to a courier, the vendor will contact the customer via email and provide them with a unique tracking number.
- International packages are usually delivered within 10-20 working days, depending on the destination.
- The vendor is not responsible for any delays in delivery due to circumstances beyond their control, such as postal delays and customs detention.
- All products are packaged accordingly in regards to their type and shipping method. The products are handed over to the customer or to a third party, who accepts and confirms their receipt on behalf of the customer by signing the documents accompanying the goods, if any.
- If a customer is not found within the delivery period at the specified address or if access and conditions for delivery of the products are not provided within that period, the vendor is released from the obligation to deliver the products ordered for purchase.
- In the case of a customer desiring to have the product re-delivered after the expiration of the original delivery period, all costs of the re-delivery will be paid by the customer. In this case, a new delivery period starts from the moment of confirmation.
5. REPLACEMENT POLICY
- In the event of a manufacturing defect of the delivered product, the customer has the right to contact Penumbra-Designs (contact email: email@example.com) and request a replacement or repair of said product.
A MANUFACTURING DEFFECT is considered to be:
– A missing component of the accessory: rivets, eyelets, buckles, straps, decorative elements, seams, visibly injured leather / vinyl.
The following are NOT considered a manufacturing defect:
– Deformation from delivery (folding of vinyl or leather, creasing of fabric);
– Poor fitting due to incorrect or incorrectly written measurements, submitter by customer, as well as incorrect judgement on the customer’s behalf.
– Presumed incorrect color shade of the ordered product due to the customer’s monitor settings;
– Use of slightly different components (e.g. flat D-rings instead of rounded, more or less prominent texturing of the leather). The vendor works with materials purchased in limited quantities (pieces of leather, imported metal elements).
Therefore, the final appearance of the product may slightly differ from photos of the prototype in the e-store. If the customer has questions or requirements regarding the changes in question, they can contact Penumbra-Designs via email: firstname.lastname@example.org and discuss their concerns with the vendor BEFORE placing their order.
- The Vendor is not responsible for any damage resulting from improper use, handling or storing, negligent or incorrect maintenance or care of the respective product, overuse or improper repair carried out by an unauthorized service provider.
- Only products with more than 1 in stock can be replaced.
- Products made to order for the customer, limited edition products or products that are 1 in stock, cannot be replaced. If a manufacturing defect is found, they can be returned for repair.
- In case of return for repair of a manufacturing defect, the customer must send the defective product back to the vendor. The vendor will repair and return the product to the customer. In such a case, the shipping fees to and from penumbra-designs.com are covered by the vendor.
- If a customer wants to replace a product with no manufacturing defect, the shipping fees to and from penumbra-designs.com are covered by the customer.
- A product can be replaced with another of the same value or one with a higher value at an additional cost.
- Replacement or return for repair of products purchased through the e-store of penumbra-designs.com is possible within 14 business days from the date of successful delivery.
6. RETURN POLICY
- The customer has the right to return a product to the vendor within 14 business days from the date of receipt. This can occur only if the product has been kept in its original condition and there is no damage to its packaging.
- Products in the category “Elastic Harness” have the status of underwear and CANNOT be returned.
- Custom-made products CANNOT be returned, nor can the order be canceled once the product has been manufactured.
- All costs associated with the return of goods are at the expense of the customer.
- Upon the returning of a product, the customer will be refunded by PayPal or bank transfer only the amount of the returned product itself.
- Shipping fees are not refundable.
PENUMBRA-DESIGNS Ltd. reserves the right to change the conditions at any time without prior notice. Any changes in conditions will be published on the website. The changes in the TERMS do not affect the relationship between the customer and the vendor, for orders, successfully submitted before the changes in the terms were made.
In case of any inconsistency between the Bulgarian version of the TERMS AND CONDITIONS and their English translation, the Bulgarian version will be the one referred to.